TH3 issue. Reinstalled Cakewalk and now TH3 not being recognized in existing projects

Pat

Hi trying to figure out an issue with TH3. When I first installed Cakewalk I had the TH3 plugin working fine. I had to re-install Cakewalk over the weekend and now all my projects previously using TH3 can not find the plugin even though the plugin is there. I can add the plugin to new projects.  I just installed Cakewalk on a PC at work and the GuitarAmps.cwt which I use all the time has the amp names etc in the template but does not have the plugin already applied to the tracks when you open it.

All my projects using TH3 before the last install now cannot find the TH3 plugin???? I can apply the plugin new but this is a huge issue as all the settings for the tracks are now lost. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by Pat
Update

This is a free plugin that comes with Cakewalk. I didn't have to authorize it before, it just came bundled with cakewalk. I can add TH3 to any new tracks I make it's just not automatically finding it for older tracks that it was already on before I updated cakewalk.

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

If I remember correctly, v3.4.5 is last version its unlocked to use on other DAW.

And the last time the file on my PC was modified was in 2017, so I assume that it pre-dates BandLab, and came bundled with Sonar Platinum. I seem to recall that Overloud made some unlock codes available for a limited time to existing Sonar users so they could continue using their bundled plugins elsewhere after Gibson pulled out.

So I guess that I never tried the BandLab version of TH3.

Edited by abacab

I figured this out but I don't know how it got screwed up in the first place. So even though cakewalk could not find the plugin it was there. When I would scan the plugins it would never find it so I had to manually add the full folder address to the scan and then it found it which is just weird. I think there must have been a reference to the older version in the registry and this was somehow interfering with it.

Installing a fresh version of Cakewalk on a new PC does not create any issues with the plugin and it works fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pat said:

I figured this out but I don't know how it got screwed up in the first place. So even though cakewalk could not find the plugin it was there. When I would scan the plugins it would never find it so I had to manually add the full folder address to the scan and then it found it which is just weird. I think there must have been a reference to the older version in the registry and this was somehow interfering with it.

Installing a fresh version of Cakewalk on a new PC does not create any issues with the plugin and it works fine.

Glad you got it working!

Just speculating here: I am left wondering if this was a scanning glitch, or a versioning issue that somehow left a Cakewalk project "blind" to the plugin?

I think it would be good for us all to better understand plugin versioning, and it's interaction with saved Cakewalk projects.

• Great Idea 1