Can I delete my old installation of Sonar Plarinum without affecting Cakewalk by Bandlab

drummin

Question

Hello all - I tried searching this question but found nothing so I was wondering if it is possible to delete my installation of Sonar Platinum (Ver. 23.10.0 Build 14 (2017.10) - x64) without affecting my Cakewalk by Bandlab installation ? I was hoping to free up some space on my SSD on my recording computer.

2 answers to this question

Uninstalling will likely removed the shared folders used by SONAR and CbB. These include PC modules, all the DX plug-ins and utilities such as the plug-in manager and vst scanner.

As mentioned above removing the DAW itself does not free up much space but if you installed the Platinum tutorials run the Cakewalk Command Center, right-click SONAR Tutorials and delete them. It will free up almost a 900MB.

If you never archived and purged the Cakewalk Command Center download cache, now would be a good time. Click the Gear in the upper-right of Cakewalk Command Center to open its settings, click the Paths tab then click the folder to the far right of the Download Path. This opens the folder containing all the installers downloaded by the Command Center. Back them up, then delete the files. Depending on the last time this was done, this could free up a lot of space.