Trouble with routing--long-time user, new problem

Jerry Pettit

Wow! Cakewalk user since 1992 and never had an issue like this.

I have several midi tracks routed (trust me!) correctly to TTS-1 and several routed to Aria Player.

When I press PLAY the midi meters dance and so do the audio meters but...no sound. And when I stop, THE AUDIO METERS ON THE TTS-1 INSTRUMENT AND THE ARIA PLAYER INSTRUMENT FREEZE. There remains a "frozen green signal" half-way up to unity for all of eternity.

Never get any sound.

I suspect Aria Player is a culprit here--anybody able to get its products working in Cakewalk?

Other ideas?

I usually route TTS-1 to an audio device or a bus (routed to an audio output).  When I looked up Aria Player just now, it seems to be a sound/sample library player. If so, what happens if you route the audio from TTS-1 to an audio out or to a bus and then to an audio out? 

It's a matter of preference, but I often like to split a TTS-1 instrument track into its components--an audio and a midi track.  If you are trying to layer the TTS-1 sounds with sounds loaded into the Aria Player, does splitting the TTS-1 Instrument track (if that's what you have) allow you to route just the midi portion to the Aria Player?

These are some initial thoughts because you have my curiosity (and because I use TTS-1 a bit, esp. routed to Z3ta+ FX); I defer to others who may have experience with the Aria Player.

Edited by User 905133
to add "(routed to an audio output)" just to be clear where the bus is pointing.

I have projects using both TTS-1 and Aria Player working as expected. I have seen the frozen meter thing when synths are inserted in FX bins instead of in the synth rack.  Since both TTS-1 and Aria Player offer multiple audio outputs, I wouldn't expect that to be the case here, but thought I'd mention it.