Ok, WTF happened now???

craigb

pwal has left the building

Won't be long and there won't be enough here for a good game of chess 😁

Edited by Artie Choke

he is back (full name), I thought it was by your own choice, ah well, they are pretty good at giving no reason

Edited by Artie Choke

11 hours ago, craigb said:

A few thousand posts have magically disappeared from the Song Association Game thread??! 😮

Other things are going missing too...  What the **** is going on here???

Your wifi must have connected to Canada network where Trudeau´s army is now approving all pages, releasing those got approval.

We won´t see Strummy and Wibbles back,  they´re in prison for life after watching a youtube vid on Starmer.

Edited by Sheens

2 hours ago, Sheens said:

Your wifi must have connected to Canada network where Trudeau´s army is now approving all pages, releasing those got approval.

We won´t see Strummy and Wibbles back,  they´re in prison for life after watching a youtube vid on Starmer.

Never a truer word spoken in jest.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, craigb said:

A few thousand posts have magically disappeared from the Song Association Game thread??! 😮

Other things are going missing too...  What the **** is going on here???

I don't know. I try to avoid the ban/delete/censor/mod intervention side of it anymore and just try to be as vanilla, harmless, non-confrontational, and agreeable as I can and I have become, comfortably dumb. I mean, numb.

It ain't what it used to be and it never will be again. We've literally turned in to a bunch of aging men screaming at the kids to get off our lawn. But the kids are far worse these days.

I got a post deleted and I was banned one time over something that was taken wrong by a few people here and it was reported. Many years ago. Me and the other person I said it to were both banned. We emailed each other and laughed and said what the heck just happened to us.

Anyway, I stopped trying to figure it out and caring a long time ago.

Or, it's some kind of technical glitch and humans weren't even involved.

Either way, it's all good. Don't care anymore.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

We've literally turned in to a bunch of aging men screaming at the kids to get off our lawn. But the kids are far worse these days.

Few rarely address this (in general), but it was blatantly referenced in a news article recently and immediately caught my attention when it was said, to the effect of "20 million Boomers have died off in the past eight years with 40 million Gen X'ers rising into the ranks to replace them (with the powers that be having no clue how to communicate to them)." When I was young, I was always trying to figure out my great aunt (then 82) and it wasn't until an intro psychology course that it was said that petulance is obviously associated with children, but at a certain age adults regress to that behavior as well. I was always wondering why I would observe outbursts akin to a 5 yo, then found out that behavior is expected.

• Like 2

Not that it applies to everyone, for sure! But then again it isn't overly "uncommon." Psychology folks like to study demographics; marketing folks try to apply that knowledge. I definitely find it interesting... watching people and their behaviors can speak volumes if you read them correctly.

Then again, you can see the antithesis of expectations (in a GOOD way)... Years ago I was shopping around Christmas time with my kids and I suddenly stopped. My daughter could always read me well and asked what was wrong. A woman had walked in who was crippled, but she was smiling so much that she literally glowed. I just told my daughter, "That woman is the happiest person in this store, and she would trade places with anyone in here if she could." It was heartwarming in one respect to see someone beaming who had every right to complain, yet pitiful to think of all of the others who had more than most, but totally unhappy.