Cakewalk & MIDI Association DAW Meeting In Germany Question

@Noel Borthwick, @Morten Saether, @Jesse Jost, @msmcleod

The MIDI Association had a meeting with DAW developers from May 13 to 16, 20 in Germany just prior to Superbooth 2024.  The MIDI Association requested the meetings to receive feedback and have conversations with DAW developers about MIDI 2.0 implementations.

This video announces the meeting and gives the name of some developers that participated in the meetings.  Unfortunately I didn't hear anything about Cakewalk or Bandlab.

Did anyone from Cakewalk or Bandlab participant?

Doubt if they have a budget for that.  It’s been a long time wait for Midi 2.0 to become the standard. It mostly only benefits Hardware users which is  important to at least one style of modern music. 
It seems it will almost eliminate midi latency of gear but the rest was over my head. 

bandlab are a billionaire vanity project, they have the budget for whatever he wants 🤷‍♀️ he's prolly/maybe switched his attention to something else by now, maybe back to singer/songerwritery stuff, or palm oil like papa

2 hours ago, pwal³ said:

bandlab are a billionaire vanity project, they have the budget for whatever he wants

If he's not spending his entire life somewhere hot and sunny on an aircraft carrier sized gin palace full of scantily clad supermodels, then what he really needs is to budget for is some lessons on how to be a young billionaire.

50 minutes ago, paulo said:

If he's not spending his entire life somewhere hot and sunny on an aircraft carrier sized gin palace full of scantily clad supermodels, then what he really needs is to budget for is some lessons on how to be a young billionaire.

if papa says that's ok

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pwal³ said:

Tbf it's a reasonable question but I guess everyone's busy

Yes it is. They probably gave input through other channels. 

Yes, I also assume they are busy. The release of Sonar can't be too far off can it?!!