RIP Sam Ash

14 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Lots of expensive microphones

When they started the GOOB deals I thought I could pickup some good mics cheap. Think again!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

When they started the GOOB deals I thought I could pickup some good mics cheap. Think again!!

When places go out of business there is a business in the background that is gonna buy all of the stock.  I imagine it will also be manufactures.  Fend probably bought back some of it. 

• Like 1

Yep you are correct.

So the big advertising for "We Going Out Of Business Sale!!" "Prices Slashed!!" it's all pretty much BS. Yeah you can find some deals. But the good stuff will be sold in volumes to some other retailers. Or back to the manufacturer. 

26 minutes ago, Grem said:

So the big advertising for "We Going Out Of Business Sale!!" "Prices Slashed!!" it's all pretty much BS. Yeah you can find some deals. But the good stuff will be sold in volumes to some other retailers. Or back to the manufacturer. 

Some inventory may be sold off, but anything in the store (or at least the one near me) was marked down. You can't help it if someone only bought something @ 10% off versus 30% ...which happened  lot at my store.

But secret hack if you want a good deal (and you'd have to sign up for an account at Sam Ash): go on to the chat and ask about the item you want - they will give you a much better price. I did this with an item, and they gave me a substantial amount off. YMMV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

When places go out of business there is a business in the background that is gonna buy all of the stock.  I imagine it will also be manufactures.  Fend probably bought back some of it. 

The salesclerk told me that there was a "rumor" going around in the store that their remaining inventory had already been bought.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sjoens said:

Grem you shud change ur name too Grim.  :D

But my tag is really a short form of my last name. That's how that name "Grem" originated. Over the years it stuck with me. 

Not seeing why I would go with "Grim" spelling instead.  Could ya clue me in!!?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Grem said:

But my tag is really a short form of my last name.

I let some people think that's why I put "b" in my tag. ?

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Grem said:

Not seeing why I would go with "Grim" spelling instead.  Could ya clue me in!!?

Unfunny response to your earlier comment... I think.  It kinda sounded a little... well... grim.  No worries.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

Then again I could be losing what's left of my right mind as I can't find that post now.  Maybe it was removed or I had you confused with someone else.  Best to forget the whole thing I guess.  9_9 

• Like 1

Now I have a Sam Ash ad on FB showing numerous instruments, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Yamaha Montage, all for "$130 or less". Where are they? he wondered while thinking it was all a scam.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Now I have a Sam Ash ad on FB showing numerous instruments, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Yamaha Montage, all for "$130 or less". Where are they? he wondered while thinking it was all a scam.

It is for sure.