Best one liners in lyrics?

whoisp

You've got the nicest North America, this sailor ever saw,
I'd like to feel your warm Brazil and touch your, Panama. - Michael Franks (from Popsicle Toes).

OK it's two lines, but it's perhaps the most clever lyrics to use geography to get your hands on sensual parts of a female's body.

You can squeeze my lemon ’til the juice run down my leg - Robert Johnson

I'm beggin' you baby, cut out that off the wall jive
You gotta treat me better, or it gotta be your funeral and my trial - Sonny Boy Williamson II

I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are, You make it hard - Crosby Stills & Nash (pretty sexy for its day)

I'm glad I don't live in a trailer - Jimmy Buffett

1 minute ago, whoisp said:

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want! a decent vocal strip ?

Not a vocal strip, but I had just picked up a TC Helicon Voice One (to go with my Antares AVP-1 - think "Cher" auto-tune!) and was dying to have some fun messing around with vocals on it when I lost everything (in 2009)...  I had already set up patches to make me sound like a variety of voices from Barry White to a little girl with some minor variations that I intended to use to make background (or even choir-like) vocals.  Oh well!  It would have been fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, craigb said:

Lots of stuff by Kansas was pretty heady too.  When I get the time I'll have to track some down...

Yep.

To me "Song For America" is the single most unappreciated work of rock music. 

To me that sound and format was totally new. And it's never been matched.

Listen to Phil's drumming along with Dave's bass playing in the beginning of the song, a work of art.

Kerry's sythn work is phenomenally beautiful in this song. 

Steve's singing on this song is just unbelievable.  The emotion he projects on that last verse is breathtaking to me every single time I listen to it.

That song and that album is some of thier best work. Some of the best rock roll there is.

"Devil's Game" is another great song and another story!!

12 hours ago, craigb said:

Lots of stuff by Kansas was pretty heady too.  When I get the time I'll have to track some down...

Highways scar the mountainside, buildings to the sky, people all around.

Houses stand in endless rows, sea to shining sea, people all around.

"Kansas,  Song For America "

• Like 1