Colin Nicholls

Young Lady's Illustrated Primer to Theming Cakewalk

Haven't snagged one this big in a while: Global/Drop Indicator (on p. 10 of TYLIP) is used for the line that appears between track and folder headers when dragging and dropping.

image.png.177da6aa702dca6d579568eaf077c8da.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Global/Drop Indicator (on p. 10 of TYLIP) is used for the line that appears between track and folder headers when dragging and dropping.

A worthy addition indeed!

• Like 1

Got another use of Track View/Unfocused Track Text:

In the Add Track Flyout dialog, the digit that indicates how many tracks you're adding. As below in purple.

image.png.18752ac97653115574c9e5fad700c26d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Noted anomaly for page 33/34 Track view / Track Pane / Menu Button:

image.png.3116f3315b181bdf9ded2b84c4120627.png

All 3 use the same button but the Input/Output buttons are displayed squished by 2 pixels in height :S

The theme button labeled "Edit Filter" is actually the Custom Button Display button at the top of the Track Pane. :S

• Like 1

Slight corrections for page 56:

"1. FX Chain"    "8 9. ?" are reversed.    Should be   "1. ?"    "8. 9. FX Chain" 

"9. 8." is a white bar of unknown use

"18. DirectX effect"   is also used for "External Insert"

Edited to reverse the reversed corrections.9_9

Edited by sjoens

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

Slight corrections for page 56:

"1. FX Chain"    "8. ?" are reversed.    Should be   "1. ?"    "8. FX Chain" 

"9." is a white bar of unknown use

"18. DirectX effect"   is also used for "External Insert"

Are you saying both the strip and the numbering as shown in the guide are wrong?  I just looked at some FX chains in my Browser and they look like the icon pictured in slot 1.

The strip is 100% right. The book's numbered description isn't.

#1 (and #2?) were used in previous versions of Sonar as shown in this Sonar X1 Browser pic:

71560002_FXicons.png.b6f439f3b2020f2df7931dd919ff2560.png

FX Chain icon has always been #8 #9. Why #1 was replaced with #18 for External Inserts is anyone's guess. If #1 & 2 are no longer used, they could be revamped for things like External Inserts.

BTW, I changed my Tree and text colors to be less confusing. Currently 3 text colors for 4-5 FX states that don't match the icon colors is confusing.

It now matches the plugin dropdown list colors that can't be changed. Are there any 32 bit VST3's? There is an icon. I made it red justincase.

496520107_Plug-inTreeIcons.png.e52c459af2305931186e8cce59d78874.png

Edited by sjoens

Thanks for the reply and especially the marked up image.  Due to an issue I have with grey on grey, I didn't see the stacked boxes.  However, once I magnified the image about 500%, I saw some faint boxes in the background.

image.png.9c72c9d9ad19d617f6ce80d3bca6bd0e.png

Edited by User 905133

Something else for page 55: Even tho Theme color Browser | Plug-in Browser | Plug-in Tree Text does affect Folder Names after reopening..., prior to reopening it's set by Track View | Unfocused Track Texto.O

I'm not ignoring this thread - just slammed at work, with some travel coming up. I'll get to these when I can, but in the meantime , this thread is definitely the best place to put corrections and additions. Sorry!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1