Jump to content
Noel Borthwick

[CLOSED] 2019.11 Hotfix Release Candidate (HFRC)

Recommended Posts

It appears that something in the 2019.11, Build 63 update broke track name communications between Cakewalk and iZotope for use by iZotope's Neutron 3 Visual Mixer. I haven't checked other iZotope inter-plugin communications. This is a new problem, iZotope plugin's have been showing track names and communicating those track names to visual mixer until now. On the attached screenshot red boxes outline where the track names should be shown.

 

 

 

 

2019-12-13.png

Edited by Bill Phillips
To clarify that problem is the result of recent updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 8:31 AM, siordanescu said:

 

Noel, the version ... 63 is not installed , over the one I have ... 54. I did an update through the band lab assistant and it tells me that the update is only installed over the version ... 54. But I have the version ... 54! I checked!

 

Did this get sorted out? I have the same issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 12:14 PM, Bill Phillips said:

It appears that something in the 2019.11, Build 63 update broke track name communications between Cakewalk and iZotope for use by iZotope's Neutron 3 Visual Mixer. I haven't checked other iZotope inter-plugin communications. This is a new problem, iZotope plugin's have been showing track names and communicating those track names to visual mixer until now. On the attached screenshot red boxes outline where the track names should be shown.

 

 

 

 

2019-12-13.png

Your screenshot shows Relay is the VST2 version (see the plugin title area at the top) but the Visual Mixer is the VST3 version.  I don't think VST2 will do track names.  Sadly with all VST3 the track names aren't coming out right, they seem to have extra garbage characters on the end

B3LrXV.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Your screenshot shows Relay is the VST2 version (see the plugin title area at the top) but the Visual Mixer is the VST3 version.  I don't think VST2 will do track names.  Sadly with all VST3 the track names aren't coming out right, they seem to have extra garbage characters on the end

B3LrXV.jpg

 

Matthew, thank you. You are correct and I hadn't noticed that. I switched to the VST2 version or relay to get access to the Advanced features. See screenshot. Looks like I'll need to pick between the two versions choosing between getting the track names or the advanced features. I've reported both problems to iZotope and they say the problems are likely Cakewalk specific because they don't support Cakewalk. It's nice that Melodyne does support Cakewalk!

 

2019-12-14.png

Edited by Bill Phillips
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UI paint problems with the VST3 version in Bandlab may still very well be iZotope's bug, can't really tell.  The track name garbage though is almost certainly Bandlab's bug, looks like they aren't null terminating the track name when they hand it to the plugin maybe.

The VST2 version of Relay in Cubase 10.5 doesn't even have the advanced drop down arrow.  Which I think is funny (since Cubase is the defacto VST platform).  But the VST3 one correctly resizes and repaints the UI, which Cakewalk doesn't seem to do right.  In Reaper and Ableton 10 both the VST2 and VST3 plugins work correctly and have all the options visible.

I'd say the odds of getting this fixed aren't that good.  Maybe someone from Bandlab will see this and can put it on the list.  I think they can get a demo version of the iZotope plugins that would be enough to test/debug this.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The UI paint problems with the VST3 version in Bandlab may still very well be iZotope's bug, can't really tell.  The track name garbage though is almost certainly Bandlab's bug, looks like they aren't null terminating the track name when they hand it to the plugin maybe.

The VST2 version of Relay in Cubase 10.5 doesn't even have the advanced drop down arrow.  Which I think is funny (since Cubase is the defacto VST platform).  But the VST3 one correctly resizes and repaints the UI, which Cakewalk doesn't seem to do right.  In Reaper and Ableton 10 both the VST2 and VST3 plugins work correctly and have all the options visible.

I'd say the odds of getting this fixed aren't that good.  Maybe someone from Bandlab will see this and can put it on the list.  I think they can get a demo version of the iZotope plugins that would be enough to test/debug this.

Thanks for the insights Matthew. For me that's all useful information. Hopefully it will get sorted out. I really like the iZotope Production Suite for mixing.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 12:43 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

The track name garbage though is almost certainly Bandlab's bug, looks like they aren't null terminating the track name when they hand it to the plugin maybe.

Seems only to affect track/bus names shorter than 7 characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...