CA-2A Won't show 64bit "ticks"

Jerry Freese

I have the VST folder set to scan the 64 bit dll but not where the the 32 is. When I open the plug it shows properties : c:\program files\common files\VST3\CA2ALevelingAmplifier\CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.vst3, so looks good so far. Problem is,when i put it in the FX bin, it only shows as 32 bit (1"tick" )other known 64 bit fx show up as 2 ticks (64bit) like they should. Anybody know what's up with this?  The 32 bit version is installed in X86 and I'm not even scanning that folder. Seems the right one loads just doesn't show the ticks for some reason.

Edited by Jerry Freese

I have the 64 bit DPE checked. Why would Cake offer 64 Bit CA-2A if it won't work as 64 bit in their own 64 bit enabled program? Does anybody else have double ticks when using CA-2A in 64 bit with 64DPE on? I know I have said in the past most people (including myself) likely could not tell the diff but I want to get what I paid for if possible! If someone else is getting 2 ticks then I know I have a problem. I even tried deleting the 32.dll but it changed nothing so it must be loading the 64... If both 32 and 64 are scanned will cake pick the 64 automatically with 64DPE on?

Edited by Jerry Freese

The ticks below the plug-in label in the FX Rack do not indicate whether a plug-in is 32bit or 64bit. The ticks indicate whether the plug-in is communicating with the host using a 64bit data stream.

The fact that a plug-in is a 64bit dll does not provide any information about the bitness of plug-in's internal processing or data stream between plug-in and the host. It just means the plug-in was compiled with 64bit libraries and may be loaded by a 64bit program.

A 32bit dll cannot be loaded by 64bit program. For 32bit VST plug-ins to work with a 64bit DAW, the plug-ins are loaded in a special piece of software outside of the DAW (a.k.a. a bridge) which handles the communication between the plug-ins and the DAW.

32bit plug-ins in CbB have (32-bit) appended to their names in the plug-in lists. Depending on the theme they may show up using a different color in plug-in lists.

With BitBridge, open a 32bit plug-in UI in a project and it will not have the standard VST header. To see the VST header requires holding the ALT key while opening the UI.

When a project is opened in CbB, the DAW uses 64bit plug-ins if they are available.

All of this has nothing to do with the ability to discriminate between audio produced by 32bit software compared to 64bit software.

• Like 1

"The ticks below the plug-in label in the FX Rack do not indicate whether a plug-in is 32bit or 64bit. The ticks indicate whether the plug-in is communicating with the host using a 64bit data stream."

Thanks, I understand that. What I really want to know is  if anyone else is getting two ticks with CA-2A?