What Impact Would Upgrading from a 27" 1K Display to 34" 4K Have?

Bill Phillips

Question

Without a way to audition the 34" 4K display, I have trouble visualizing the impact it would have. On my 1K display I notice that the Inspector and Console Module widths and heights don't vary. Does that mean that they'd be half as wide and high on a 4K display which has twice the number of horizontal and vertical pixels? I'm also worried about text size. Is there a good way to visualize the what CbB would look like on a 4K display?

I mostly work in Track View with the Console View docked below. I also bounce between full Track View and full Console View depending on what I'm working on. I also usually have several analysis plugins open in the final stages of mixing along with the plugin I'm adjusting.

1 answer to this question

4k will give you a huge work space compared to 1k. And just by simple maths, a 10cm item on your screen will become 6,25cm thing unless it's scaled to something else in size.  As far as I know, Cakewalk doesn't scale unless whole Windows is scaled.

It hard to comment on the text size but obviously the difference will be very noticeable.