Cakewalk - MAJOR issue - won't stop searching for ASIO outputs - unable to stop it

pdarg

Question

I changed my settings within Cakewalk Preferences to ASIO in an attempt to get better latency.

Cakewalk went nuts - it is trying to find output channels, but keeps cycling through the channels on my Lynx soundcard.

I am unable to make any changes, since the cycling constantly takes focus.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app to no effect.

HELP! Cakewalk is currently unusable at this point.

3 answers to this question

Okay - problem solved - I am posting the answer here for anyone else here who might encounter this:

-Instead of opening Cakewalk directly, open a Cakewalk song file (Cakewalk should load)

-Then, enter and switch the audio assignment in "Preferences" to WASAPI Shared

-worked for me

18 hours ago, pdarg said:

Okay - problem solved - I am posting the answer here for anyone else here who might encounter this:

-Instead of opening Cakewalk directly, open a Cakewalk song file (Cakewalk should load)

-Then, enter and switch the audio assignment in "Preferences" to WASAPI Shared

-worked for me

If the WASAPI drive works well for you, great. I spent some time last night looking at the Lynx offerings (man, those are some good-looking interfaces! And pricey!)
Which one are you using?
In any case, of the ones I saw, only 1 mentioned an ASIO driver, but I can't believe it's not offered with some of their other devices. Or I didn't look for enough.
If it was me, I would try to find out why that happened and get it fixed so the ASIO driver is available.
By the way, from where did you get the ASIO driver? Downloaded from Lynx? Or one that was already on your computer?