Three question about Cakewalk Bandlab

flute wave

Question

I am using the DAW tool Cakewalk Bandlab
I would like to know a few things about how to use it.

Question 1
I know that I can turn on multiple tracks at the same time with the Rec button, but is there any way to limit this so that only one track is turned on at a time?
(I imagine that when one track is turned on, another track is automatically turned off.)

Question 2
When I sing in real time, I use the input monitor on my DAW, but depending on the plug-ins I use, there may be a delay.
(So I only use lightweight plug-ins for real live performances.)
I would like to use VOCALO CHANGER PLUGIN in real time.
I would like to use VOCALO CHANGER PLUGIN in real life, but is there any way to prevent the delay even with heavy-load plug-ins when using input monitors?

Question 3
I would like to contact cakewalk bandlab if there is anything I don't understand, but I would like to contact them in Japanese if possible.

5 answers to this question

1. No, there is no "Exclusive Arming" option like Exclusive Solo. You have to manage arming manually. But for MIDI/Instrument tracks there is an "Allow MIDI Recording without an Armed Track" option in Preferences > MIDI > Playback and Recording feature that will record the currently active/focused  track.

2. If a plugin induces delay, there is no way to eliminate that on the track that's using the plugin. You can override plugin delay compensation being applied to other input-monitored tracks by enabling the PDC  [override] button in the Mix module of the control bar, but this works only if the plugin isn't directly on that track or on a bus in its path to the output. Some delay-inducing plugins have a "draft" or "low-precision" mode that can be used to reduce the delay for real-time use at the cost of some audio quality. I don't know if this is possible with the one in question.

3. So far as I know, Bandlab is primarily conducting support by e-mail. You and they can leverage Google translate for that. In some cases, they might initiate a phone call or web session to assist further, but I doubt they are able to accomodate many languages other than English, if any. 

Thank you very much.
I have recently become interested in Vocalo Changer and have been experimenting with the trial version.
I am using the trial version of Vocalo Changer, and when I applied Vocalo Changer to a vocal track,
I tried to apply the Vocalo Changer to the vocal track, but only the vocal track had a significant delay (the other tracks had no delay). (Other tracks are not delayed).

In the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgjeQ4o-i5E
The Vocal track is not delayed from the adjustment stage,
I know there is a way to apply Vocalo Changer without delay.
Is it a problem with my PC specs that I am waiting for the delay to occur?
Or is there another way to do it better?
I am thinking of purchasing Vocalo Changer if I am sure that I can use it without delay.

By the way, my environment is
Windows 10 
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60 GHz
Memory 32.0 GB
Interface used: MOTU M4
DAW used: Cakewalk Bandlab
I usually use a lot of other plug-ins, but I have not experienced any delays in REC or real delivery.
I also checked the MOTU M4 driver and it is up-to-date.

By the way, the degree of delay has not changed even when the buffer size is lowered, so there must be some other 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Using a DAW as a live effects processor requires that the audio and computer systems be top quality. Example  you would need something like an RME audio interface and the computer would need to be top shelf as well. $3,000-$ 4,000? 
This is the only known way to reduce system latency.

If you want live harmonies you can’t beat a TC voice live floor pedal. Way cheaper than an RME interface.  I have use mine for about 7 years now. It not only has all the different harmonies it also has all the vocal effects. You can save a patch for each song. 
I have the voice live Acoustic which is also my DI box and effects for my Acoustic Guitar. 
And it’s my sub mixer for my in ear monitors. 

Edited by John Vere

if you're only using a single instrument on the laptop you could get away with the onboard realtek soundchip and savihost, i know i have, but no clue as to Vocalo Changer performance/requirements etc

/goodluck & have fun

I installed the trial and did a quick test using a project I developed to measure PDC. The test is sample-accurate and measured 9,984 samples (208 milliseconds at 48kHz) of delay. I didn't see any option to lower it by reducing the quality/precision of the processing, and no mention in the documentation of a delay. For good measure, I tried playing my RD-700NX through an input-monitored track with PDC Bypass disabled and the delay was horrendous and unplayable as expected. Notwithstanding that the web page claims "Real-time Processing", this plugin is only suited for post-processing of previously recorded audio at the mixing stage.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 2