ins files for older Roland synths

If you have an older synth, try this which covers a lot of models, and it just might suit you.

If the synth you have is in here, you can create a new ins for just that synth from this file too, simply by deleting the unnecessary stuff.  You do have to be careful not to delete any needed text for it to work, and I haven't done this in years, so I'm afraid I can't help with that!

Roland.ins

Edited by Gonga
  • Like 2

If you have an older synth, try this which covers a lot of models, and it just might suit you.

If the synth you have is in here, you can create a new ins for just that synth from this file too, simply by deleting the unnecessary stuff.  You do have to be careful not to delete any needed text for it to work, and I haven't done this in years, so I'm afraid I can't help with that!

Based on size alone, this matches the Roland.ins file I have from 2003.  I have a larger one from 2009 and a slightly larger one from 2010. In my experience with other Cakewalk supplied *.ins files, later ones usually include the contents from the older files. 

Before people start collecting a new set of *.ins files (and maybe overwriting larger, later, more inclusive ones), maybe someone should should check the newer *.ins files against the new old ones being posted. 

PS:  If someone wants to do a comprehensive comparison of older *.ins files with newer ones, I also have a Roland.ins file from 1998.

Edited by User 905133
added a PS; fixed typos