Selecting articulations from multiple tracks in piano Roll

Yes, in the Tracks pane for the PRV select the the last track you want articulations from and Lasso or Ctrl+Click the articulations you want. Then select the next highest track and Ctrl+Lasso/Click to add to the selection. If there are more then two source tracks, keep working your way up until you've got articulations in the highest (i.e. lowest-numbered) track selected, then Ctrl+C to copy, set the Now time for the paste, and Ctrl+V.

The reason you want to start selecting from the last track is so that the uppermost track you select from will be the starting point for the paste so everything goes to its respective track. But beware of targeting issues that may occur if there are uninvolved tracks in between.  Ultimately you may find it more predictable to just do the tracks one at a time, depending on the complexity and whether all the tracks are adjacent. The other option is to do it in the TrackView, but then you have to jump through some hoops to exclude notes from the copy.

• Like 2

Thanks your reply, i'm testing this way to do it.

I see i have to select each track in piano roll then select the articulations of this track, i can't select all articulations from the select tracks together.

A better option for me is select the desire tracks and measures from track view and then go to piano roll and deselect the notes, then i can copy and paste the articulations to other part of the project.

6 hours ago, Jordi said:

A better option for me is select the desire tracks and measures from track view and then go to piano roll and deselect the notes

That was my approach originally, but I actually found it more 'fiddly' and error-prone to get all the notes deselected without  accidentally de-selecting articulations or altering the range.

But it just now it occurred to me to try Edit > Select By Filter, and Articulations are there in the Special Events section. So you can make your selection in the track view, then Select by Filter, click None, re-check the Articulations box, and paste.