Scaling + Plugins blurry in Cakewalk.

Misha

Question

Hi Folks.

Recently I had issues with Kontakt 7 blur flickering.  Now, after doing a bit in Reaper, I realized that everything in Cake is slightly blurred.  My eyes likely got used to this blurriness over the course of time. With Cakewalk itself being slightly blurred, I am sort of OK, but Plugins that many times have lots of detail are hard on my eyes when slightly blurred

I tried all settings in "compatibility" related to High DPI.  Nothing seem to help it. Only when a main 100% (with recommended 200%) system scaling is set, plugins look sharp... but in this scenario everything in Cakewalk is super tiny. Native resolution of the monitor is 3072x1440.

I do understand the the new Sonar will be vector based and likely will solve this issue. However I am still planning to use Cakewalk for some time, and it seems it's internal scaling of Cakewalk that does this to plugins, as there are no issues  with blurriness of same plugins on the same system in Reaper and Studio One (with global scaling set to 175% - my preferred setting) 

I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

P.S. See attached photo Cake vs Reaper displaying same plugin. I've tried various UI settings of the plugins too. 

Thank you.Untitled-4.jpg.4ac7ab0b2e5869de6a8b26daa1ef91e3.jpg

3 answers to this question

gustabo.

Yes I tried all variations in the compatibility settings starting Cakewalk and all view/scaling settings in the plugin itself.

Reaper displays it correctly (without any tweaking) / Cakewalk displays it blurry no matter what I try.

Ok... 

I downloaded Sonar... VSTs DPI scaling works well!  (and also Kontakt 7 doesn't flicker) That is a good sign going forward. Now all I need is to know the release date and price for perpetual license :)

• Like 1