Audio Interface suddenly does not show up on Cakewalk or anywhere on PC

Hello,

I've been using Audio Box Go as an audio interface for the past year or so for recording guitar. It was working fine two days ago but since then it has ceased to show up as an available input for tracks. No error or anything. In fact windows (10, 64 bit) has stopped seeing it as a device, can't see it on device manager at all, including when I set it to show hidden devices. However the device still lights up when it is plugged in. I've uninstalled the drivers multiple times and followed the trouble shooting on the presonus website. I've tried a different USB lead as well but to no avail. It's very frustrating as I can't do much guitar stuff without it.

Thanks

maybe your device has died? maybe you need to get the latest drivers from Presonus and reinstall it? 

maybe there are some troubleshooting steps on the Presonus site? if it's not showing up in the Windows device manager, then you need to fix that first.

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Original/10001/OM_2777700106_AudioBox-Go_EN.pdf

https://www.presonus.com/en-US/interfaces/usb-audio-interfaces/audiobox-series/2777700106.html

Edited by Glenn Stanton

It may have died but it's hard to be sure. I've only had it a year and it's shown no signs of failure up to this point, it still appears to "switch on" when connected via USB. I've gone through trouble shooting on the presonus site to no avail. But yes it appears that I need to get windows to recognise it otherwise it's hopeless with cakewalk.

1 hour ago, RJ5454 said:

otherwise it's hopeless with cakewalk.

and every other audio program as well 🙂 so, it's not even showing up in the device manager at all? sound controllers? software devices? audio inputs and outputs? there are several sections it could appear under.

are you connecting directly to the PC USB port or via a hub? many IO units do not like hubs. also check - is it possible the USB port is disabled? maybe plugin some other device to see if its active?

do you have another IO device or could borrow one to see if it's something else in the system?

Tried different slots and directly plugging it in, also tried on a work PC but couldn't see there, but then again that PC is a bit crap and I don't know if it did the drivers right. all other usb devices work fine. don't have another similar device like an interface to test however