CbB not transmitting midi notes SOLVED

live bit

Question

I'm using cakewalk v2023.09 build 075 64bit on windows 10 connected is an Emu midi in/out box and I'm trying to export midi data to a yamaha sequencer.  I dont think midi date is being exported properly because the sequencer is not receiving note data. this method of exporting midi used to work fine but since the last update its stopped working. cakewalk does export start stop and midi position pointer because the sequencer starts when I start play in CbB but its not receiving any note data.

one thing I use to check midi signal is a midi light. when it's working properly the midi light flickers in response to data being sent but from CbB it's a constant light with no flickering.

any ideas?

Edited by live bit

2 answers to this question

When you say 'export', you mean the same as transmit/send, right?  I use external MIDI hardware all the time, and have not encountered any issues with regular note and controller data. And I happened to be using MIDI Sync just recently as well without a problem.

Start/Stop/Position working indicates the basic port assignments, connections and drivers are all okay. The most likely issue then would be that the transmit/receive channels are not matching.

Edited by David Baay

typical: I was wrestling with this for ages and then shortly after my op I cracked it.
what solved it was deleting the cakewalk tts1 synth from the project. once I did that I got proper note export down the midi cable and the sequencer filled up with notes.