Weird Export Phase Issue - One channel of the stereo export is phase flipped.

Terry Kelley

Question

I just ran into this today. I was listening to an export mix and it sounded as if one channel's phase is flipped. It sounds fine in playing Cakewalk but an export has one channel inverted. I split the stereo and reversed one channel and it's corrected.

I tried turning off all effects and it didn't change. I also removed the LP-64 Multi-band from the master bus and it's still reversed. I also turned off Multiprocessing and Plug-in load balancing and it didn't change (per an old Noel comment.)

Is there some place in Cakewalk where you can invert the phase of a single channel during export? I looked everywhere.

Edited by Terry Kelley

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Terry Kelley said:

Is there some place in Cakewalk where you can invert the phase of a single channel during export?

Not that I'm aware of. 

Try bouncing the Master bus to a track and see if the one channel's phase is visibly reversed from the re-imported export that you fixed.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a follow up:

Turns out the issue is LP64  Multiband. I renamed it to DLLOLD and reinstalled it from Sonar 8 and it’s fine. Weird. I have two versions now that act differently. I also tested them in another DAW and it happens there too.

• Confused 1

I can't repro a probem, and the LP-64 doesn't have a precision/quality setting that would affect the phase management and can't differentially process the stereo channels like the later LP MB, so I'm not sure how that would happen.