Scanner mess

Wickham

Question

I had a big fight with some plugins,when updating them and after that my scanner went crazy.I might have put there some wrong files accidentally in it.

Scanner can`t run and strange  alphabets can be seen in scanner view, not my plugins. I tried all tricks like "killing Cakewalk scanner" and rescan etc.

but no luck.Scanner says: ACEDAO.DLL?

So how do I know which files can I throw out from my scanner without destroying anything more?

Has anyone met this kind of troubles before?

Waiting for your help

Best regards

Wickham

scanner problem.png

4 answers to this question

"ACEDAO.DLL" appears to be a file related to Microsoft Office.
In the Cakewalk preferences, has a folder other than the plugin folder been added as the scan path for the VST plugin? If a non-plugin folder is listed in the "VST Scan Paths", remove it.
(e.g. "C:\Program Files", "C:\Program Files (x86)", etc...)

If you are not sure how to set it up, please provide a screenshot of the Preferences - File - VST Settings.

Or, if by some mistake you have copied the file "ACEDAO.DLL" into the plugin folder, simply remove it. (Might need to put it back where it belongs.)

In a normal set up for plug ins you should only have 3 or 4 pathways. 
Cakewalk seems to automatically add the first 3 I then only need to add the Steinberg VST folder which a lot of plug ins will create. 

If there’s a Program (x86) pathway I remove it. That keeps old 32 bit plug is out of sight. 

So always pay attention as you install new plug ins and direct them to either the VST folder or the steinberg VST folder. I never direct them to Cakewalks folder. If you do then other DAWs might not find them. 
VST3 have just the one common folder. 

On 3/8/2024 at 12:57 PM, HIBI said:

"ACEDAO.DLL" appears to be a file related to Microsoft Office.
In the Cakewalk preferences, has a folder other than the plugin folder been added as the scan path for the VST plugin? If a non-plugin folder is listed in the "VST Scan Paths", remove it.
(e.g. "C:\Program Files", "C:\Program Files (x86)", etc...)

If you are not sure how to set it up, please provide a screenshot of the Preferences - File - VST Settings.

Or, if by some mistake you have copied the file "ACEDAO.DLL" into the plugin folder, simply remove it. (Might need to put it back where it belongs.)

HI!

Thanks for your help.I`ve been in silence for a while,because I have multiple problems with my DAW and  several

plugins and my all time goes to fix them and my making music is just a dream!

Best

Wickham