Multiple stuck notes during recording

Albert De La Vega

Question

Hello

Im having issues where multiple notes (that cut off, very staccato) are recorded on a single track and other tracks will ocassionally play a different track's notes.  Notes circled in red show the duplicate notes of a lead and the blue circle is a different track that plays the notes of the bottom track (???!!).  I end up having to delete them in Staff View or Event list.  Not sure if it has anything to do with input echo..  Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.575aa5b0841bd533bcd9b9bfb098b614.png

3 answers to this question

If you're using a synth that generates MIDI or echos input to a virtual MIDI OUT, you'll need to ensure that track inputs are set specifically to the port and channel your controller is on rather than All inputs/Omni. This is a best practice in any case.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply David.  I think I understand, but in my case I use several controllers.  I use the KK61 keys to play notes, Sparrow for CC and Maschine for beats.  Do I have to assign the correct Midi Channel to each controller to  the for the VST being used (Kontakt, Play etc)?

image.thumb.png.81652c672215e54832448b2bc78ae284.png

Edited by Albert De La Vega

1 hour ago, Albert De La Vega said:

Thank you for your reply David.  I think I understand, but in my case I use several controllers.  I use the KK61 keys to play notes, Sparrow for CC and Maschine for beats.  Do I have to assign the correct Midi Channel to each controller to  the for the VST being used (Kontakt, Play etc)?

You could.

However, it might be enough to assign the specific controller to the track rather than setting that track to “All inputs”

One option is to set all your MIDI controllers to transmit on MIDI channel 1 (which they are probably all ready).

Then, for any MIDI tracks or Simple instrument tracks you are recording to, set those MIDI channels to something other then “none”.

Remember, if you set the MIDI channel of any MIDI or Simple instrument track, that MIDI channel will override any MIDI channel that is contained in any MIDI events in that MIDI track.