PB - Softube Tape, Passive-Active Pack, Wasted Space $39

psionx

I'm very tempted. The lowest Softube Tape has been is $35 recently.  I've watched it for years because of the S1 Mix Engine FX integration, but have never quite pulled the trigger.  I have also wondered about these EQs as well.   Unfortunately I already own Wasted Space.   Hmmmm...

Edited by mibby
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'm very tempted. The lowest Softube Tape has been is $35 recently.  I've watched it for years because of the S1 Mix Engine FX integration, but have never quite pulled the trigger.  I have also wondered about these EQs as well.   Unfortunately I already own Wasted Space.   Hmmmm...

Me too.  I have watched Tape for a while. I have a lot of tape emulation  from IK, Fuse Audio, UAD. But the Softube one has something special and the integration with Studio One seems very interesting. 

What is your opinion on Wasted Space? Is it worth it?

Edited by psionx

3 hours ago, psionx said:

What is your opinion on Wasted Space? Is it worth it?

Well... after initially after picking it up and trying it out, I have never really used it.  My thinking was to have the lo-fi reverb option or just another flavor for layering and to grit things up. But I also have  AudioThing's Things Texture (good one) and Miniverb and Korneff's Micro Digital Reverb which is the one I usually reach for. (And probably many others I don't remember at the moment too.  :) )

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

Heads up  @psionx - do NOT buy this if you're expecting better CPU performance than the Presonus Mix Engine FX!

I'm on Studio One Pro 6, Win10, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor  3.30 GHz, 32 GB RAM, SS system drive. 

I stuck it on my mix and it alternated between 81% - %100 CPU with the audio running!  

Absolutely and utterly unusable for me. 

Bought it. Regret it. Demo the Tape plugin first!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, mibby said:

Heads up  @psionx - do NOT buy this if you're expecting better CPU performance than the Presonus Mix Engine FX!

I'm on Studio One Pro 6, Win10, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor  3.30 GHz, 32 GB RAM, SS system drive. 

I stuck it on my mix and it alternated between 81% - %100 CPU with the audio running!  

Absolutely and utterly unusable for me. 

Bought it. Regret it. Demo the Tape plugin first!

Thank you for the heads up really appreciate it, I already bought the bundle. I guess I  could not wait any longer 😀.  I haven't tried it yet on my system wich is less powerful than yours.

In the end I think we will use it just like the other tape vsts but with a different flavor 🤔

Edited by psionx
  • Like 1