UAD plugins for X1

Aewon

Hello reader,

First time poster.

I have used Sonar X1 for many years and decided to upgrade plugins. I downloaded a trial UAD plugin and have the folder in the VSTplugins folder where my other plugins are. Despite this and updating VST folder in settings, i cant see the UAD plugin anywhere.

Is Sonar X1 compatible with UAD? I remember many years ago I upgraded some native plugins and can see them and use them in X1. Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks in advance

Two things to bear in mind:

1. Sonar X1 pre-dates the VST3 format.
2. A few years ago, Steinberg revoked the license for releasing new VST2 plugins - essentially forcing vendors to release VST3 only versions (unless a VST2 version of the plugin was already released before the license revocation).

So if this plugin is a VST3 only plugin, it won't appear in Sonar X1.

Interesting MCleod. Thank you for taking the time to reply. That is a shame. So i need to look for vst2 only plugins? Can you point me in the right direction or is only vst3 now?

38 minutes ago, Aewon said:

Interesting MCleod. Thank you for taking the time to reply. That is a shame. So i need to look for vst2 only plugins? Can you point me in the right direction or is only vst3 now?

You've not said exactly which UAD plugin it is - so you'll need to check their website.

If it is VST3 only though, there's nothing that will make it work in Sonar X1.