metronome bug causing audio to not be found

Jmus

When I set metronome to play on playback, as opposed to while recording, (occasionally need this to work out timing of complex lines to notate), it comes up with error message that audio device not found ....can't remember the rest of it, but basicaly I have to close it down and reboot PC. Is this a bug? Seem to remembr a long while ago this happened in earlier version.

I have Finale programm running at same time when this happens so maybe too many programms needing audio though I have the share audio thing checked.

PC win 10 64 bit   soundcard Focusrite Scarlette      latest version of Cakewalk

1 hour ago, Jmus said:

I have Finale programm running at same time when this happens so maybe too many programms needing audio though I have the share audio thing checked.

What driver mode? Some ASIO drivers cannot be shared regardless of App settings; I don't know about Focusrite. If that's the issue, it should be sufficient just to shut down Finale and re-launch CbB. If Finale supports WASAPI, changing them both to WASAPI Shared should do the trick. Or Rewire Finale into CbB as a client if Finale supports Rewire (some developers dropped it when it became unsupported).