Have to keep restarting project to get sound

T Boog

Cheers guys. Ive been working on this project for months. Lately when I turn on my computer and open my project, I get no sound at all. I have to restart the project once or twice more then I finally get sound. However, sometimes it does work on the first try. Also, the same thing happens if I adjust the buffer size towards either extreme(fast or slow). It shuts off the sound. It won't let me record or play any faster than 11.6 msec. I'm using an Audiobox interace. Could reinstalling the interface driver possibly help? 

Btw, the project does contain a few virtual synths all going at once. Could this be a prob of too heavy of a project?

Thanks

Yes, reinstalling the interface driver could possibly help...

As far as your other question “Could this be a prob of too heavy of a project”, no one can answer that without knowing:

Has this issue just started happening?

Version of Cakewalk and WIndows

PC Specs CPU,  Ram ETC

Plugins and synths used

Driver mode (ASIO or WASAPI)  If using ASIO, using native ASIO drivers, not ASIO4ALL or similar wrapper?

Bit depth, sample rate, sample buffer size

Etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 4:14 AM, Promidi said:

Yes, reinstalling the interface driver could possibly help..

Thanks Promidi. I reinstalled the driver and the problem hasn't showed it's head yet so I think I may be out the woods. Cheers my friend!

• Like 1