Arrows Problem

KaLuh

I've been trying to resolve a support issue for four months now and haven't been able to, so I'm happy to have discovered this forum. My Cakewalk simply decided to disable the function of the keys to change the moment in the track's timeline, and made them have the function of navigating the interface and buttons, leaving them completely useless for me. If anyone has a way to solve it, thank you, because I've already uninstalled it, deleted the registry, installed it again and the problem persists.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:19 AM, KaLuh said:

I've been trying to resolve a support issue for four months now and haven't been able to, so I'm happy to have discovered this forum. My Cakewalk simply decided to disable the function of the keys to change the moment in the track's timeline, and made them have the function of navigating the interface and buttons, leaving them completely useless for me. If anyone has a way to solve it, thank you, because I've already uninstalled it, deleted the registry, installed it again and the problem persists.

Sometimes when keyboard bindings go AWOL, I have to create a dummy keybinding to a CAL script (one that I will remember the name of) and then export the bindings to a KBN file.

Since these KBN files are just text file with a KBN extension, I open the file with a text editor

I then search for an occurrence of that CAL script (For example Kx005507={Cal script}).  Then I delete any other line with where that entry points to something - using the previous example, any line starting with Kx005507=. 

Once there are no more lines starting with Kx005507=, I save the KBN flle and then reimport the file back into Cakewalk.

Then I recreate the binding

That has usually solved the issue for me.

If you are going to try this and before doing anything, make sure you back up your keybindings.