Feature Request: Automatic take lane color

Helios.G

Hey Everyone/Bakers,

I do a lot of vocal editing and production work. For years I've done this all pretty much exclusively in cakewalk (sonar back in the day).  I've always had to color take lanes differently one by one manually, and I'd love for it to be automatically done, or at least have an option one can turn on or off for this to be done.  Why? Because when you're comping a vocal, especially in heavy, very dense productions, it's useful to see visually which parts of the comp came from where. This is extremely helpful when going back for edits, or the ocasional "re-comp" when asked by a producer.  Personally, I'd find it useful for double tracking, as I usually make doubles, and sometimes harmonies from the takes that weren't utilized in the final lead comp. Just my 2 cents, but I think this would be a cool feature to have.  

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I don’t use take lanes very much, but could you recall it with a track template?

I'm honestly not sure.  But for whatever it's worth, I tried just that a while back, and what ended up happening was that when recording in loop mode (which I tend to do when comping vox's) New take lanes were created and the old ones were left blank save for the 1st one.  There might be a way for that behavior to be different, but I personally don't know how to tweak that.  I don't know, it's not the biggest issue, but I have issues with depth perception, so any visual aids come in handy for me. 

• Like 1