Groove Clip Looping

didymus77

Question

Have a problem with converting a midi sequence to a groove clip.  The sequence runs from 8:01 to 19:01.  When I click on Goove Clip Looping, the clip jumps back 18:05 erasing the end of the clip.  If I extend it a to 19:01:240, groove clip looping jumps to 19:05, giving a blank area.  If I move the clip back to 18:05:240,  it still jumps back to 18:05 and  yells at me that it will delete the hidden data.  What am I missing here?

Thanks...Steve

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, didymus77 said:

Have a problem with converting a midi sequence to a groove clip.  The sequence runs from 8:01 to 19:01.  When I click on Goove Clip Looping, the clip jumps back 18:05 erasing the end of the clip.  If I extend it a to 19:01:240, groove clip looping jumps to 19:05, giving a blank area.  If I move the clip back to 18:05:240,  it still jumps back to 18:05 and  yells at me that it will delete the hidden data.  What am I missing here?

Thanks...Steve

Selecting Groove Looping on a MIDI clip will turn it on or off, depending on whether it's on or off.
When it "jumps back", that sounds like you're turning it off and the clip returns to its original non-grooved state.
A Groove Clip will have all 4 corners beveled.
Welcome to the forum.

GROOVE CLIP.png

Edited by 57Gregy

Go to the Groove Clip section in the Clip Properties tab in the Track Inspector and correct the Beats in Clip value. 8:01 to 19:01 is 11 measures which is 44 beats in 4/4.

EDIT: I just noticed "18:05" which indicates you're not working in 4/4. Groove Clip Looping doesn't handle odd time signatures well. You might need to double the length of the clip so there's an even number of beats in the clip. Or just use Copy-Paste instead of looping.

Edited by David Baay