Waveform and audio disappeared in certain takes on a track

Simon Webster

Question

4 answers to this question

On 12/23/2023 at 4:47 PM, John Vere said:

When you say gone do you mean it was there and then it wasn’t?  
Im seeing that lane 5 has audio data but it is at a very low level. 

Yes the audio data was there but now its gone, same for the other previous 4 takes which I cant seem to recover or get any playback on, i had done each take one after the other and they were fine but at the point i want to do some edits, just seem to have disappeared. Take 6 is all there but thats the only one.

If those takes are really gone (i.e., you deleted them and rendered the file), check the name of the track you are working on, then see with a new cwp file if you can import an earlier version (same track name, but lower number on the end) of that track from the Project/Audio Folder.  If you have not intentionally purged that folder, there should be track audio with the takes in it still there (probably the largest version of the track file in that directory). Be sure to do that search with a new cwp (project) first so that you do not mess up the work in your current project. Once you find it, you can replace the one in the actual project.

On 12/26/2023 at 3:56 PM, mettelus said:

If those takes are really gone (i.e., you deleted them and rendered the file), check the name of the track you are working on, then see with a new cwp file if you can import an earlier version (same track name, but lower number on the end) of that track from the Project/Audio Folder.  If you have not intentionally purged that folder, there should be track audio with the takes in it still there (probably the largest version of the track file in that directory). Be sure to do that search with a new cwp (project) first so that you do not mess up the work in your current project. Once you find it, you can replace the one in the actual project.

Hey thanks for the advicd, I tried this and looked through and couldnt find them. Looks like I had rendered the file, happened in another project too, I ended up re recording the audio track.

• Like 1