Sampler magically stopped working

Ezekyle36

I reopened a project where I spent the entire afternoon building a beat with a sampler (Sitala) but now all audio information is gone. The edited samples are literally vanished (the original are still in my drive tho). The MIDI information is still stored and if I click on the palette icon Sitala doesn't boot up anymore.

When I saved the project everything worked fine, then this evening I boot up the PC and this **** happened. I'm extremely frustrated, especially because it can happen again if I don't know the cause, any help?

Sorry to hear about this, very frustrating indeed.  

Just a couple of suggestions to try.,

- Can you see Sitala in the synth rack?

- If it is in the synth rack can you open it's UI from there?

- Any warnings or error messages about missing plug-ins when you open your project?

You may just have to bring a new instance of Sitala back in to your project and route your midi track to it.  As far as the audio information, don't know exactly what you mean here, but if you are using per project audio folders then the audio should be underneath the project directory.

13 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Sorry to hear about this, very frustrating indeed.  

Just a couple of suggestions to try.,

- Can you see Sitala in the synth rack?

- If it is in the synth rack can you open it's UI from there?

- Any warnings or error messages about missing plug-ins when you open your project?

You may just have to bring a new instance of Sitala back in to your project and route your midi track to it.  As far as the audio information, don't know exactly what you mean here, but if you are using per project audio folders then the audio should be underneath the project directory.

I can see Sitala in the synth rack but I can't open it. If I replace the vst with another instance of Sitala it opens but it's empty.

There are no error messages.

There are no audio files related to Sitala in the audio folders, this is the problem. They just vanished. The only thing left is the MIDI information.

However, now that I think about it, before making the beat I reactivated Cakewalk on the official site. Now it doesn't ask to be updated anymore, is it possible that Cakewalk updated automatically when I restarted the PC, messing up my project?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, Ezekyle36 said:

The edited samples are literally vanished (the original are still in my drive tho).

Are they still in the same location on your drive?  i.e. you're sure that you haven't reorganized your samples (renamed folders, moved them to a  different drive, etc.) since you created your Cakewalk project?  Is this Sitala 1 or 2?

10 hours ago, Scott Wheeler said:

Are they still in the same location on your drive?  i.e. you're sure that you haven't reorganized your samples (renamed folders, moved them to a  different drive, etc.) since you created your Cakewalk project?  Is this Sitala 1 or 2?

The location hasn't changed, the only thing I did was restarting the PC. Every other project using Sitala with samples inside the same folders remained untouched by this issue.

I'm using Sitala 1.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:59 AM, Ezekyle36 said:

I can see Sitala in the synth rack but I can't open it.

The usual cause of a synth UI not opening would be that it's disconnected. Are there parentheses around Sitala in the Rack? If so, open the Settings menu at the top of the Rack with Sitala selected, and choose Synth Connected to re-connect it.