Venus Theory releases "The Kalimba // Free Cinematic Kalimba Experiment" for Decent Sampler - FREE / Donationware

Solidos

https://venustheory.gumroad.com/l/vtkalimba

Ever wanted to make a sample library? You need a ton of really cool and expensive gear to do that...right?

Well, here's proof that you don't.

This library was created as a 'proof of concept' for a YouTube video I made, and this is the result!

The entire library was made for $10, as I had to buy a Kalimba from a flea market to make it. Assuming you own nothing but a computer, the total cost of this project was under $180 to create thanks to the insanely powerful world of free and FOSS software out in the wild.

I hope you enjoy the instrument, and more importantly I hope it inspires you to go out and make something!

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I really think Venus Theory / Cameron has a lot of talent as a sound designer and he's been very generous with freebies (yes, I realize that they're a way to gain awareness for his paid versions and paid libraries, but it still means giving away a good quality libraries for free and I appreciate that).  

• Like 10