CbB does not see M2

qiaohan

Is the M2 currently working with Platinum or some other audio app on this machine? If another app is using the driver, CbB will not be able to see it.

If other apps can use it and are not currently running, you might need to reboot to kill whatever process is not releasing the driver. 

Beyond that, all that's needed is to ensure the Driver Mode is set to ASIO in Preferences > Audio.

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

If another app is using the driver, CbB will not be able to see it.

That's actually not true in the case of the M2 driver. I can even record in multiple apps simultaneously. I can hit record in Cake and hit record in S1, start playing my guitar, and it will record in both. It's kind of a ridiculously good driver.

So you didn’t watch the video ?  I’m using an M4 in the demo so the steps I take should result in everything working properly for you. 

And the secret to sharing apps is also demonstrated in the video. 
I actually ditched my M4 because the driver seemed sketchy. It would randomly distort recordings. But otherwise it’s was a decent unit. 
Re installing Cakewalk is not going to help. It never does . Waist of time  

But checking the Motu website for the latest driver and install that if you haven’t already done it might help. 
Other issues I had was the Motu is designed for Mac and it likes to use a USB C connection .  I had to install a pci card