Audio stopping

Jmus

Works fine on its own, but...when using with another program (Finale v27) it works fine for a while then comes up with the message and won't play. Says its being used by another prgram (which is true, but has always worked previously with Finale V26).

Suspend audio engine when Cakewalk is not in focus is unticked - should this be ticked?

Running PC win 10 quad core;  Soundcard Focusrite Scarlette (latest updated software); Using midi ox and keyloop midi so I can have both Finale v27 and Cakewalk open at sametime midi set to keyloop midi in and keyloop midi out

I can run multiple music related apps at same time. 
I only use 48 a sample rate which I set in all these apps.

I Also set 48 in Windows sound settings and in same I uncheck the give this device exclusive control option box. 

The sample rate is the critical item as your interface can’t stream audio otherwise. 

Edited by John Vere

Hi John

this makes sense, thank you. I have it set to 44.1 at present so will try and change it.

"I Also set 48 in Windows sound settings and in same I uncheck the give this device exclusive control option box. "

Have looked for this and can't seem to find this?

1 hour ago, Jmus said:

Hi John

this makes sense, thank you. I have it set to 44.1 at present so will try and change it.

"I Also set 48 in Windows sound settings and in same I uncheck the give this device exclusive control option box. "

Have looked for this and can't seem to find this?

You can find this setting from the Control Panel then to Sound, then the Play Back tab and click on Speaker/HP and there you click on the Advance tab.  Under "Default Format" you can make a selection on the drop down list shown in red below:

image.thumb.png.58386de61ba1690c95c95ffb5a5c3707.png

Kind regards,

tecknot

Was working OK untikl I tried to get the metronome set to playback - then it said could not play audio

Everything is set to 44.1 as opposed to 48. Already in a project so can I change audio setting mid project?

thanks

44.1 will be fine as long as you don’t try anything that is video related. Videos are 48. 

Watch this video possibly something in it will help 

I converted all my projects to 48 over time. 
Midi only projects don’t require prep. 
But audio has to be exported as stems at 48/32 and brought back in after all the 44.1 tracks are deleted. 
I made a video about it but took it down as it didn’t get many views. I’ll see if I can find it. 

Edited by John Vere