SONAR X3 Studio (not bandlab): I opened CA-2A for first time EVER- it's stuck inDEMO mode. How to activate?

Matt Leedy

I've had SONAR  X3 Studio since I upgraded to it from X1 in 2014 and I never got around to using it more than a handful of times... I just now discovered that I have the CA-2A (LA-2A type leveler) and opened it for the fist time and got the demo warning message saying it will periodically cut out audio until I activate it.
I've got command center still but it thinks I have no internet connection (probably because there is no cakewalk server to connect to).

Is there any fix?

[EDIT:  I just logged in to https://legacy.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products

Under "My Products" it lists the CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier and says I activated it on 11/5/2016 and gives me a serial number and registration code.
Does this help me to activate it even though the legacy cakewalk support is gone?]

A BIG thanks to anyone who can help!

Matt in Seattle

Edited by Matt Leedy
added edit

IIRC, those only needed the serial/registration codes to activate (not internet), and that pop up window occurred during the actual installation. There were a couple that had to be run as administrator during install to register properly in Windows, but I forget the details of them all now (pretty sure that was only Dimension Pro and/or Rapture). If that doesn't have a "register" option when you use it inside SONAR, try re-installing it with the file you downloaded from your account. There "should" be a window during that installation asking you for the serial/registration codes, that will then add CA-2A to your Windows registry to unlock it.

5 minutes ago, mettelus said:

IIRC, those only needed the serial/registration codes to activate (not internet), and that pop up window occurred during the actual installation. There were a couple that had to be run as administrator during install to register properly in Windows, but I forget the details of them all now (pretty sure that was only Dimension Pro and/or Rapture). If that doesn't have a "register" option when you use it inside SONAR, try re-installing it with the file you downloaded from your account. There "should" be a window during that installation asking you for the serial/registration codes, that will then add CA-2A to your Windows registry to unlock it.

Thank you!  I just came back here to update that I found my way to the support page about offline activation https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013384/Offline-Activation#CA2A  and I was able to re-download it again once I got into my account.  So it looks like it will work after I re-install it from the new download... I think it will prompt me for registration codes the first time I open it after the new installation.
Thanks for your help!

Edited by Matt Leedy
typo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, John Vere said:

I just installed it using CCC a couple of weeks ago. But you need to use the updated Command Center software which I do believe is found on the Bandlab site under legacy products. 

The new CCC fixed it so I didn't even have to go to the trouble of doing the offline registration the Cakewalk Site recommended! 
THANK YOU!!!!   :D

Edited by Matt Leedy
  • Like 2