BR: Melodyne with Guitar Rig 7

Mark Morgon-Shaw

I was trying to help out a guitarist freind of mine and it seems he has found a bug.

When using Guitar Rig 7 , if you convert the track to a Melodyne FX Region and subsequently render it back to the track then Guitar Rig 7 no longer plays and no audio can be heard unless GR7 is deleted or Cakewalk is restarted. 

I've got him to test this with GR5 and TH3 and they work as expected , and we did figure out a workaround  that if he puts GR7 into bypass before enabling the Melodyne FX region and also before rendering the region FX then the issue does not occur. 

I've not got the plugin myself as I'm not a guitarist and my buddy isnt' a forum user but thought I would post it up to see if anyone else can replicate.  

On 11/12/2023 at 6:04 PM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I was trying to help out a guitarist freind of mine and it seems he has found a bug.

When using Guitar Rig 7 , if you convert the track to a Melodyne FX Region and subsequently render it back to the track then Guitar Rig 7 no longer plays and no audio can be heard unless GR7 is deleted or Cakewalk is restarted. 

I've got him to test this with GR5 and TH3 and they work as expected , and we did figure out a workaround  that if he puts GR7 into bypass before enabling the Melodyne FX region and also before rendering the region FX then the issue does not occur. 

I've not got the plugin myself as I'm not a guitarist and my buddy isnt' a forum user but thought I would post it up to see if anyone else can replicate.  

Have you tried emailing "customer service" already. You may not have the solution right away but that will definitely help the developer create updates to fix that bug.