Bundle files produce noise. Great drivers´problems between cakewalk, windows and soundcards

Juan Zuoza

Question

Hi, everybody. I did not quit cakewalk and window cause I have no money for a mac and my whole life used cakewalk from the very begining (about 30 years ago when only midi could be recorded). I´m angry, really angry. Last time I had no problems with cakewalk was with sonar platinum and win7, long ago. It took me a lot of time, maybe months or years to to make cakewalk work in win 10 and 11, so many asio problems. I could fix it... or almost fix it as sometimes it takes it several "space bars" to start playing audio. Sometimes it works fine. But what really makes me sick is that when I open an old bundle file originally recorded with sonar, it starts making noise, a sort or "digital" noise, even without pressing "play button". Just check at this video:           Does anyone knows what the hell is happening here??? I´ve tried everything!!! changed wasapi, wasapi shared, asio, asio4all, flexasio, etc. While changing the driver (edit-preferences) the sound stops until the new driver is loaded and the noise begins again. I just want to recover old complex mixes and I don´t finde the way to deal with this. I quit many times throughout the past 2 years waiting for a solution, but nothing found. This happens in two different computers with different soundcards. Both are Rysen 5, a PC and a laptop, 16gb ram, ssd, win 11 and win 10, sometimes use the native card and sometimes a phonic helixboard 24universal. I haven´t used other daw because I´m used to cakewalk, though I started hating cakewalk and windows. Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

2 answers to this question

Proper audio interface with up to date ASIO drivers. 
Bundle files seem to often become corrupted. I’ve never used them because of the many many posts like this from people who did. 
Only hope for old projects is to have the same OS and version of Cakewalk available and see if you can open them with that. Then save them as CWP

Edited by JohnnyV

Can you share a copy of one of these projects to be tried on another machine? Chances are it's your environment, but it could be something in the configuration of the project or CbB Preferences. In any case it's doubtful the files are corrupted in some way, and it should be fixable. If it's your environment, the first thing to check would be DPC latency:

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

EDIT: The tones might be from a plugin that needs to be re-authorized. But I've never heard anything like that with the transport not running. Or it's coming from another audio source sharing the driver or the hardware itself.

Edited by David Baay