Audio interface no longer working

George Thomas

Question

Been using Cakewalk for a month now. Am using a Line 6 UX2 audio interface. This morning, there is no output coming through. All other apps seems to work fine through this interface, including Youtube etc.  I get the pop up about the audio interface saying there is not audio device for the current model although the device in the preference option shows ASIO UX2. Tried the below as a part of troubleshooting.

Uninstalled Windows update that happened the same morning

Uninstalled the audio interface and reinstalled it again

Reinstalled Cakewalk

Tried ASIO4All

Am starting to pull out my hair now. Anyone with any tips?

George

5 answers to this question

Don't use ASIO4ALL, it's known to cause issues with other drivers and is not needed at all for Cakewalk which supports every kind of driver model (ASIO4ALL makes native Windows WDM drivers appear as ASIO drivers to hosts that don't support anything other than ASIO - Cakewalk doesn't need this). Uninstall that first.

Most other apps use a model called MME which is the worst performing driver model but will work pretty much everywhere. This is why other things appear to work correctly with this interface, but it's not appropriate for DAW use. 

This is very much unlikely to be a Cakewalk issue because Cakewalk hasn't changed since November last year, so something else has happened on your system to make the driver not be recognised properly.

Do this first:

1. If you haven't done so already, reboot.

2. If rebooting doesn't fix it, uninstall your UX2 software and reinstall it. Reboot.    Sorry, just noticed you did this already!

3. If that doesn't fix it, go into Cakewalk and in the Preferences screen, give us some screenshots of the following pages:

Audio> Devices
Audio > Driver Settings
Audio > Playback and Recording

That'll give us a clue of what you're seeing there so we can make some proper suggestions. It's very likely something else on your system has taken control of your interface or is hijacking the driver model you're using, but we'll know more with screenshots.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, was trying troubleshooting it and now seem the UX2 stopped working completely (the clip LED keeps blinking). Guess it was an issue with the driver. Now no matter what I do, the drivers don't work and shows up as an recognized device on the device manager. 2 days of trying and I've given up and ordered a Presonus AudioBox Go. It's class compliant and so I can use with the iPad too (got Bandlab on it btw) Done with driver nonsense 😄  Thanks again.

Ps. The AudioBox Go comes with Studio One so I'll dirty my hands with a new DAW.  Seems it's got some great features.

Edited by George Thomas

7 hours ago, Will. said:

Sounds like your USB cable might be the culprit here. 

Just tried the USB cable from my Boss GT 100 with the same result. Guess the box is broken :(  Saw quite a few posts on the Line 6 forum with the same complaints and think one of the support guys said it was a hardware issue. EoL I guess and no regrets, used it for a few good years. Time to move on.

• Like 1