Why is my guitar effects bus bleeding onto other tracks when soloed?

T Boog

Cheers guys. Just when I thought I was starting to figure out this routing stuff, this one has me scratching my head.

I have all of my track outputs assigned to the master bus. The guitar track send is routed to an effects bus and that effects bus is routed to the master bus.

When I solo any track, I hear the delay effect of the guitar as well.

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

Could be the default setting of mute/solo does not mute sends.

Configuration LinkPFSendMute=0 as default.

"

If this is set TRUE, pre fader sends on both tracks and buses are automatically muted when the track/bus is muted. Also if another track is soloed the pre fader sends on other tracks will be muted.

This basically conforms to pre SONAR 4 behavior.

"

Set that to "1" probably fix this.

Edited by Larioso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Larioso said:

Could be the default setting of mute/solo does not mute sends.

That did it Larioso. I didn't see anywhere to enter "1" but I switched it to "TRUE" and that fixed it. No more effects bleed. Thanks a lot my friend. Cheers!

Hey,

Don't worry, routing can be tricky. It sounds like your effects bus might still be sending to the master bus when you solo a track. Check the settings in your effects bus to make sure it's not being sent to the master when you solo. Also, verify that the delay effect on the guitar track isn't being sent to the master directly. Adjusting these routing settings should help you avoid hearing the delay when soloing tracks.

Keep experimenting, and you'll sort it out!