Sign in to follow this  
Starship Krupa

Enable PX-64, TL-64, and VX-64 processors

Cakewalk by BandLab comes with these three very nice and useful VST effects, two of them are multi-FX processors oriented toward vocals (VX-64) and percussion (PX-64), the other is a saturation processor (TL-64) with multiple controls. The VX and PX carry only Cakewalk branding, the TL also says "powered by Studio Devil).

Unfortunately, by default, they are "excluded" in the terminology of the Plug-In Manager, and in order to use them the user must use Plug-In Manager to change their status so that they show up as available in the FX racks and lists.

Every time a new version of CbB installs, the installer flips their status back to "excluded" and the user must again use Plug-In Manager to enable them.

They were enabled  as part of the SONAR Platinum suite. I read on the forum that  some of the Style Dials use their resources.

I don't know what the barrier is to making them available by default.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

I concur.  They're present but not enabled.  A user can enable them once the user is aware of their existence.  One less housekeeping task to perform after an update if the plugins are enabled by default.

I believe the Style dials only utilized the Sonitus FX suite.

@Craig Anderton could probably verify that. I believe there was a write up on them in the E-zine a couple years back.

Haven't used the PX, VX or TL64 in years now but they were great little plug ins for their time. The Percussion strip was good for not only Drums...but in some instances Bass too.

@Craig Anderton wrote  up the procedure for enabling them in the April Sound On Sound magazine, singing the praises of VX-64 and PX-64.

I believe that it was @scook who said that some of the Style Dials depended on  VX-64, PX-64, and TL-64. This makes sense because there is a transient shaper Style Dial, a de-esser, gate, saturator, and those processors are all to be found in the "-64" modules we're talking about. Nothing else native to CbB has a transient shaper besides PX-64, and while you could roll up a de-esser using the sonitus fx, it would be easier to use the one in VX-64.

• Like 1

I use the PX & VX, I love them. As old as they might be they still do a great job and I will continue to use them as long as possible. Mine never default to excluded after an update, I'm not sure if that is dependent on whether you have a previous version of Sonar installed or not. Hopefully they sort that out in the future though!

• Like 1