Using 2 Komplete Kontrol Instruments in same project

Not sure if this is the right section to post this question, I'll be happy to move it if not.

I usually only use 1 midi instrument per project, which is simple enough, but everytime I use 2 Komplete instruments, say piano and upright bass, the 2nd instrument gets what I call "scrambled" upon playback. I'm using CbB, fully updated and the Komplete 49 key keyboard.  I don't know anything about the inputs and outputs and patches etc on a midi track, which must be the reason I'm having a problem. How should I set the inputs etc on the 2 midi tracks?  Thanks!

are you using the Kontakt plugin or the Komplete Kontrol as a plugin? i would suggest (if the latter) to switch to the Kontakt plugin, and load your instruments there. then set each MIDI channel on a given track to the channel # on the Kontakt instrument. also assign each instrument to its own output (stereo or L/R) (or blend in Kontakt (harder in my opinion)).

when you insert an instrument in Kontakt, it generally assigns a MIDI channel starting with 1 for the first, 2 for the second etc but you can switch those later when you get comfortable with it.

image.png.61b3112f3ee5865b1e2dc2e6de8a07e4.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just updated to Kontakt 7 and assigned Komplete Kontrol everything worked fine until I saved the project and then came back a day later and Cakewalk just locks up.  Is anyone else having similar issue. or is there a fix?