Cakewalk Folders Not Expanding

RiaMP

Question

3 answers to this question

Tip - holding CTRL + SHIFT when clicking the expand/collapse button on any folder will collapse/expand all folders.

If for some reason the folder expansion state gets corrupt, this will sort it out.

The folder expansion state can get corrupted if you open a CbB project with subfolders in SONAR Platinum or earlier, re-arrange tracks and save the project (if you don't re-arrange tracks, the folders should be fine).  But if it does get corrupted, this method will sort the state out.

On 7/6/2023 at 5:08 PM, msmcleod said:

Tip - holding CTRL + SHIFT when clicking the expand/collapse button on any folder will collapse/expand all folders.

If for some reason the folder expansion state gets corrupt, this will sort it out.

The folder expansion state can get corrupted if you open a CbB project with subfolders in SONAR Platinum or earlier, re-arrange tracks and save the project (if you don't re-arrange tracks, the folders should be fine).  But if it does get corrupted, this method will sort the state out.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents, that the ctrl_shift is not working for my broken folders. My folders did seem to break after I moved some parts around in the arranger.

You can see in this image, it did un-collapse my drum folder, however all my other folders show as if the are un-collapsed, but they are not! 

image.thumb.png.9707c25b56baeeef23fbe27613bc5cbd.png'

edit: of course the next thread I opened had solved this issue. I just had my tracks hidden somehow (new to me!) and pressed "h" to bring up the hiding manager. My tracks are back now, yay!

Edited by Steven DiLeo
  • Like 1