Configuring SI Drum 1 with an external drum pad

yogimusic

Hey folks!

I'm on Win 11 using Cakewalk by Bandlab (offline version) and using the Alesis Samplepad 4 midi drum pad. Unlike BFD or Addictive drums I'm unable to map the kit samples of SI Drum 1 to specific pads on my Samplepad... specifically the Roland kick drum pedal/trigger which which is plugged into the Alesis' kick trigger 1/4 input jack on the back of the unit.

I know there's a drum map interface in Cakewalk's preferences, but I haven't found a tutorial that will show me how to configure an external drum pad device to trigger SI Drum 1.

Please help.

Best,

Yogi

MIDI note assignments cannot be altered in SI-Drums, however; here are a few ways to assign MIDI note numbers before the plug-in:

• In the MIDI hardware - A lot of MIDI devices include some way to change the notes sent by the device 
  • In the computer before the DAW - software such as MIDI-OX may be placed in the MIDI data stream before the DAW.
  • In the DAW - drum maps and the Transpose MFX both have translation tables to alter incoming MIDI data.
  • Like 1

Thanks. I'd like to go this route; In the DAW - drum maps and the Transpose MFX both have translation tables to alter incoming MIDI data.

I have explored the drum maps and Transpose MFX info and didn't find anything helpful. Can you please give me step by step instructions?