saving reference tracks

greg54

I know how to get reference tracks into a track within my DAW.  But once they're in there (and I know, this is stupid), how do you save them to use them for future projects?  I don't want to save them as a project.  I just want to save the reference track.   When I insert a CD into my DVD player, I click on Audio CD, then it opens the songs.  But from there it does not allow me to save it anywhere, but only open it within my track.   When I click on the reference track itself within my DAW, there is no Save As.  And I want to save it as a wave file.  But how to do it escapes me.  I want to save it onto my desk top.  How do you do it?

No, Save As will save a project. You want to Export the audio of that track as a WAV file.

Alternatively, just rip the audio from the CD using a dedicated audio app and save that to a Reference Track Library folder that you can just drag into any project you want.

Even Windows Media Player can be configured to rip CD tracks to .wav format files, -as long as you still have a system with connectivity to a disc drive anyway. Then do yourself a favor, and convert the 44.1 16-bit files that creates to the standard you are using in Cakewalk projects, before you import them to tracks. -One free great option is https://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/ - I have used that for years. -Use the high quality setting for reference files.

Of course Cakewalk itself will upsample CD content quite well by itself, just check the import options when you bring in the tracks to set the level you want.

Edited by JnTuneTech