Fluid Chord VST3 as MFX

Kamikaze

I have Fluid Chords, its a pitch bennding chord player for MPE synths. I can load it as a a synth and from with the plugin I can either use the internal synth, or it will scan for MPE synths and picks up Strobe and Vital. These play, but they are not on their own midi track, but being hosted by the app. There is no midi out option. I have Hydrasynth which has an MPE and I can use this with Fluid Chords in Standalone.

I've contacted the company (Pitch innovations) tech support and they say to run it as an MFX.

How do I get this to show in the MFX, I only see Cakewalks MFX in a midi channel/

Thanks

Edited by Kamikaze

From their website:

FormatAU (Mac only), VST3, VST, Standalone App (For MPE supported DAWs only).

So, it loads and works in CbB just like any other MIDI I/O capable VST2/3 plug-in.

IOW, it is not an MFX in the CbB sense as all MFX plug-ins like the ones bundled with  CbB are DX format NOT VST2/3 format.

Here is how to handle VST plug-ins that generate MIDI data.

Edited by scook

Above was you solution 2

I had another go at you solution 1, which was how I was trying to do it originally. And I got that working too. (Solution 1 I used the MFX and Solution 2 I used the Standard VST, but they might work both ways, but I'm done messing about). I think I actually had this working last Saturday, but wit the standalone option I started to think I had used that or was going mad. Today I think I just didn't try the second mid track

image.thumb.png.78dd16441f72ced57a9717bdaa33cd7c.png

Thanks again

24 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

(Solution 1 I used the MFX and Solution 2

The two solutions offered in 

detail how to handle VST2/3 plug-ins capable of generating MIDI data.

Both methods are essentially the same addressing the subtle differences between FX and synth plug-ins in CbB. 

ALL VST2/3 plug-ins in CbB MUST be associated with at least one audio track either by placing the plug-in in an audio FX rack or as the input of a audio track. Note: instrument tracks fulfill this requirement because they are actually a presentation of an audio+MIDI track pair.

Yes, If I followed your instructions in the other thread correctly (and they worked so I think I did), then these two images are showing both approaches. Thank you

I also have Scaler and use Solution 1 for that, so I really don't know why I wasn't making the leap today to get that working,.