Does anyone know how to do these effects?

Aletz39

Hi, I'm new to this software, I'm currently making a cover of this song https://youtu.be/o3JOeGb76ZI

So, I wondered if anyone knows how to achieve the effect in the voice for the bridge (it's kinda distorted but like as in a talking-on-a-bad-phone way lol)

Also, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to make an automation for reverb, so that, for example, echo turns up at the end of a note.

And my final question: Fl studio has this feature where you can watch the notes on another track while working with Midi on a different track, does someone know if there is a equivalent to this on this software?

Btw I've had some trouble with automation where changing the volumen through it will make it so that I can't change the volume from the general mixing panel, is that something that I have to work with or is there a way to solve it?

1 hour ago, Aletz39 said:

So, I wondered if anyone knows how to achieve the effect in the voice for the bridge (it's kinda distorted but like as in a talking-on-a-bad-phone way lol)

There's multiple ways of doing that effect, which is essentially some level of saturation and  a filter. One way you could do that is with some EQ and high or bandpass filter, then add a saturation plugin like Saturation Knob or Style Dial Grit, which can be both found in the ProChannel.

Also, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to make an automation for reverb, so that, for example, echo turns up at the end of a note.

This is done using a compressor on the reverb track after the reverb, then sending the voice as a sidechain to that compressor, so the voice determines how much compression or ducking is applied. Once the voice lowers in volume, you get more reverb or whatever effect you have in your send.

And my final question: Fl studio has this feature where you can watch the notes on another track while working with Midi on a different track, does someone know if there is a equivalent to this on this software?

image.thumb.png.ff6fa5970d0dd058a71bfbc02f47f4f6.png

Now, the way it operates is a bit inverse as to what you'd expect. The track with the pen icon selected is the one that will show up as a ghost on the track you have selected on the name, rather than it being the track you're editing. Once you do your selection, you can edit both tracks at once, by simply selecting the notes. You also have to select the track you want to appear ghosted first by clicking on the pen, then select the track you want to edit. If you don't want to edit both, activate "Auto Lock."

2 hours ago, Aletz39 said:

Btw I've had some trouble with automation where changing the volumen through it will make it so that I can't change the volume from the general mixing panel, is that something that I have to work with or is there a way to solve it?

Once you have your automation curves written, the only gain setting the volume fader will follow is the one present in the automation. Ideally, you'd want to automate once you have a nice static mix and are certain you're not gonna change any faders after the fact, because you'll have to rewrite all of your automation or part of it otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1