Trying to change a keyboard shortcut

alan933

Question

Currently to advance to next measure or previous measure I do Ctrl+Page UP or Ctrl+ Page Down

I want that functionality on the left arrow and right arrow (similar to advancing through a youtube video).

Is this where that is done? If so I can't figure it out.

Capture.PNG

Edited by alan933

4 answers to this question

You can delete the question using Edit and backspacing/select>cut if you want to. Cakewalk uses the 'all knowledge is good' process and want to leave it all there for our posterity, the problems and solutions, even if the solution is "I watched a video". 😁

On 3/26/2023 at 1:19 PM, 57Gregy said:

You can delete the question using Edit and backspacing/select>cut if you want to. Cakewalk uses the 'all knowledge is good' process and want to leave it all there for our posterity, the problems and solutions, even if the solution is "I watched a video". 😁

Point taken.

To share, I found this a great short cut because if you use youtube to learn songs you wil notice that hitting the left arrow on  your keyboard will back the cursor up to a previous point in the video.

In cakewalk I wanted to setup the arrow keys to do the same thing with measure backup/advance (instead of Ctrl+PageUp/Down). I believe I just selected the key on the left and double clicked the value on the right. 

Voila, Cakewalk works like youtube. 

image.png.bd0fa3ed2bd997e2cfef04f4cdfb99c4.png

• Like 1

Ya the first time I did it it didn’t stick. The list might not always have the function you want or it might have a completely different name than you thought.  But I’ve just figured this all out not that long ago and since I’ve swapped out lots of stuff I never used for stuff I always use. The best one was to open Melodyne and then render all with just 2 keystrokes. Huge time saver for me.