REQUEST - ProChannel EQ and compression in console view

Coen L

How cool would it be to be able to adjust EQ and compression parameters directly in the console view?
For example, The user will have the ability to switch between modern parametric (the already existing EQ) and an analog style one and when they pick analog they can turn the knobs straight from the console view.

For inspiration lookup Universal Audio Luna API vision channel strip or the harrison mixbus 32c console view.

It would be great if Cakewalk had something similar. This would speed up the mixing flow immensely.

Edited by Coen L

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

If you mean the ability to adjust EQ settings without popping open ProChannel, you can already do that. Try clicking and dragging in the EQ UI with the ProChannel closed.

For the rest....well, that's what ProChannel is for. It's always a click away.

Yeah you are right, I was just thinking out loud about alternative EQ options and compression options right in the console view without opening ProChannel.

31 minutes ago, Coen L said:

Yeah you are right, I was just thinking out loud about alternative EQ options and compression options right in the console view without opening ProChannel.

Well, the big problem, of course, is real estate. Those controls would have to go somewhere, which would result in being able to display fewer channel strips. One of the advantages that physical mixing desks have over computer screen ones: the physical ones can be 5' wide, where my computer screen, not so much. That's why the ProChannel is such a great idea: the controls are still right there on the desk where you want them, but they get out of the way when you want to have more strips on the screen.

Odd, though, I have a friend who stopped using SONAR partially because he hated the ProChannel. Aside from the fact that I think it's a great feature, gee, if someone doesn't agree they can just leave it closed, right? But he wanted the knobs and stuff that I guess used to be in the SONAR mixer strip before the ProChannel came along.

The biggest enhancement I can think of for the Console View would be for the fader section to resize depending on whether the rest of the strip is occupied. There's a lot of space at the top of the strips above the Gain knob that could be used to give more throw to the faders. Also, there's not really a reason for the Sends rack to be full size when no sends are in use.

I'm sure that as monitors increase in size and resolution, these things will be addressed.