No audio after bouncing/freezing MIDI tracks

Ezekyle36

Hi, whenever I bounce a pair of MIDI tracks there's no audio, just a single straight line without a waveform. The project has over 30 tracks and they give me no problem except these 2 which are using a Quilcom SIM-HC vst. I tried freezing/unfreezing them, bouncing through the "Tracks->Bounce to Track(s)" but it still doesn't work.

I understand that the problem is the plugin but, considering that I must mix my project and the error could happen again in the future with other vsts, is it possible to do some troubleshooting to solve the situation? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

A free harpsichord VST?
The first thing I would do is try a different VSTi and see if it works.
I think Cakewalk by Bandlab has a couple of harpsichord sounds in its included soft synths.

That's my last option. I'm not sure I can remake the sound on another vst so I want to know if there are some other solutions. 

1 hour ago, gustabo said:

Have you tried a real time freeze or real time bounce?

Are you referring to the one described here? If yes, the audio still doesn't appear.

Edited by Ezekyle36

21 hours ago, Ezekyle36 said:
23 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

A free harpsichord VST?
The first thing I would do is try a different VSTi and see if it works.
I think Cakewalk by Bandlab has a couple of harpsichord sounds in its included soft synths.

That's my last option. I'm not sure I can remake the sound on another vst so I want to know if there are some other solutions.

I meant as the first step in troubleshooting. Does any VSTi work?

I remember trying a few of his plug ins a few years ago, the Bagpipes where very intriguing. Can't remember why but just looking now I only find one remaining plug in from him. The Sim-Sheng.    I know I had a few more but I think I deleted them as I'm not in the habit of using any plug ins that cause me grief of any sort. But the Sim-Sheng seems to work and  I had no trouble freezing it.  

Instead of Bounce to tracks did you try to export that track as a stem.  Highlight the track, open advanced export and choose Tracks from the pre set menu.  

Make sure that track is checked. Choose your projects sample rate ( 44.1 or 48)  and  32 bit and no dither.  make sure to choose time settings  as entire project and export. This will create a stem. When the export location toast in the lower right appears,  open it and drag the stem to an empty place in track pane.