Editing/Adding Aftertouch

Examigan

Maybe I am forgetting something, but what's the best way to add an amount of aftertouch when you don't have an AT capable keyboard connected?

I thought that would be one of the choices in the Piano Roll screen at the bottom of that display,  where you can draw in others such as Velocity, etc.

When I have plugins that I know are AT-capable loaded up, they don't show AT as a choice there.

Edited by Examigan

6 minutes ago, Examigan said:

Maybe I am forgetting something, but what's the best way to add an amount of aftertouch when you don't have an AT capable keyboard connected?

I thought that would be one of the choices in the Piano Roll screen at the bottom of that display,  where you can draw in others such as Velocity, etc.

When I have plugins that I know are AT-capable loaded up, they don't show AT as a choice there.

On my usb keyboard, I have a knob programmed to send Channel Aftertouch. Not sure if that would meet your needs.  Just a thought in case it might. 

16 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

On my usb keyboard, I have a knob programmed to send Channel Aftertouch. Not sure if that would meet your needs.  Just a thought in case it might. 

Yes thanks for that, but I meant more like for adding it in later on and where I want in exact amounts.

13 minutes ago, Examigan said:

Yes thanks for that, but I meant more like for adding it in later on and where I want in exact amounts.

You can add midi data after the fact in realtime with this method using a midi control track. If your knob turning skills are not great you can edit the data in the Event List View.

But, my guess is you want to do it by drawing some dots or lines in.  Since I don't use the PRV, I will refer to others who do use the PRV.

PS: I just looked at the Controller section in the PRV, chose a MIDI Lane and Selected Channel Aftertouch.  Maybe that will work?

Edited by User 905133

Thanks for your help, but I just found it.  🙂 

I went to MIDI, NPRN, and then it showed it as a choice towards the bottom of the list.  After its selected, it shows up in the list along with the others.

Aftertouch1.jpg

Aftertouch.jpg

Edited by Examigan

Now I am wondering how to do one more thing.   I thought I could right-click on that level setting for the Aftertouch I setup (see screenshot) but the MIDI Learn doesn't seem to work for some reason.  I right-click on it and select Remote Control, then use the Learn button, but I can't get it working.

It works if I click and drag it with the mouse in real-time, but I wanted to use one of the knobs on my MIDI keyboard to adjust that level of aftertouch.  Maybe there's another way to do that (?)

MIDI Learn.jpg

Remote control.jpg