ARA/Melodyne algorithm picker doesn't work

Favio

I'm using the cakewalk reference guide version 27.04.00 and in page 72 under ARA/Melodyne algorithm picker says by draggin an audio clip to a MIDI track you can convert an audio clip to midi I have dragguedd It but nothing happens also says you can do tempo extraction by dragging an audio clip to the time ruler also I have done it but nothing happens

• 3 weeks later...

Melodyne comes as only a demo with Cakewalk now since version 5. They probably haven’t updated the documentation. Version 4 stayed active with the drag and drop audio to midi and tempo extraction but not the editing tools. 

Good news is it’s on sale right now. You only need The basic version @ $99 . Start with that and see if it’s something you need  . Then over time you can purchase upgrades like I’ve done. 

I personally could not function with out it .  I now have the Editor version which does polyphonic detection.  

One of the features I’ve just recently started to work with is its ability to perfectly time align vocals and even full guitar chords.( Studio and  Editor only) As I get older my chops are fading away so Melodyne is my saviour. 
Cakewalk is a $500 program you got for free. The extra $300 I paid over time for Melodyne is a bargain. 

Edited by John Vere